Modeling Accessories and Paint:
Military Reference Books
Gift and Novelty:
1/72 IJN Type 4 "Ke-Nu" Light Tank - Armor Pro Series
Barcode: 0 89195 87404 7
Case Pack: 48 Pieces per master carton
Box Size: 6.4" x 10.2" x 1.5"
- Newly tooled and highly detailed Type 4
- Realistic 57mm Type 4 cannon and 7.7mm machine gun included
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Upper hull w/rivet detail molded on
- Intricate ventilation grills
- Sharply molded on-vehicle tools
- Detailed stowage box included
- Hollow exhaust pipe w/photo-etched exhaust cover
- Detail on hull rear accurately produced
- Fully detailed slide-molded lower hull
- Suspension system realistically represented
- Sprocket wheels w/breathtaking details
- Intricate idler wheels accurately produced
- One-piece DS tracks reproduced
Dragon continues to extend its scintillating line of Japanese subjects in its 1/72 scale model kit collection. The latest item is a Type 4 “Ke-Nu” light tank. It isn’t as well known as the Type 95 “Ha-Go” or Type 97 “Chi-Ha”, although in actual fact it was a hybrid formed from these two tank designs. When operations in Manchuria and Russia revealed that the performance of the low-velocity 57mm anti-tank gun of the Type 97 was inadequate, it was replaced with a 45mm gun to create the Shinhoto Type 97. Some of the original and now obsolete turrets mounting the 57mm gun were then retrofitted onto the Type 95 Ha-Go. The resulting hybrid was known as the Type 4 Ke-Nu, and just 100 vehicles were created in 1944. As such, the Type 4 came too late to have any significant impact on the war, and most vehicles were retained to protect the Japanese homeland from the expected Allied invasion.
Dragon has previously released both the Japanese Type 95 and Type 97 tanks as 1/72 scale plastic kits, but here the designers have done much more than simply plonk an old Chi-Ha turret onto an original Ha-Go chassis. In fact, this kit required a completely new upper hull to accommodate the larger turret ring of the Type 97 turret. Details on this model are exquisite. Indeed, although small in stature, this model of a rare Japanese tank is extremely well refined, and it would make a unique contribution to any Japanese WWII model tank collection.
|About us | Dealer Locator | Career Opportunities||©Dragon Models USA, INC.|