Modeling Accessories and Paint:
Military Reference Books
Gift and Novelty:
1/72 Neubau-Fahrzeug Nr.3-5 - Armor Pro Series
Barcode: 0 89195 87438 2
Packaging: 36 Pieces per carton
Box Size: 7.5" x 11.4" x 1.8"
- Newly tooled Neubau-Fahrzeug Nr.3-5
- Complicated exhaust system accurately recreated
- Delicate engine deck reproduced
- Headlamp on front hull can be folded up/down
- Slide-molded upper hull produced w/intricate details
- Slide-molded turret w/MG reproduced
- Slide-molded 7.5cm KwK L/24 and 3.7KwK L/45 produced
- Side fenders w/pattern detail
- Intricate on-vehicle tools molded
- Drive sprocket and idler wheels accurately recreated
- One-piece suspension system produced for easy assembly
- Delicate DS track produced
Germany created many successful medium and heavy tanks such as the Panzer III, Panzer IV, Panther and Tiger. However, the nation’s first attempts at creating a heavy tank commenced in the early 1930s. Known as the Neubaufahrzeug (“New Construction Vehicle”), it was not a success, however. Slow-moving and boasting multiple turrets, it was ill equipped for the type of rapid, mobile warfare that Blitzkrieg tactics required. For this reason, only five Neubaufahrzeug heavy tanks were built. The three 25.8-ton tanks participated in the 1940 invasion of Norway within a specially formed Panzerabteilung. Armament included a 7.5m KwK L/24 main gun, 3.7cm KwK L/45 cannon and two 7.92mm machine guns.
Dragon has already produced a fine 1/35 scale kit of the Neubaufahrzeug, and now it’s being offered in the smaller 1/72 scale within the Armor Pro collection. The kit allows modelers to build the three tanks (numbered 3-5) that saw action in Norway, these having been originally built in 1935-36. Utilizing research and experience with the 1/35 kit, this Neubaufahrzeug uses brand new toolings. The entire upper hull is made from a single piece of plastic to provide a suitable foundation upon which to add the numerous details. With the convenience of modelers in mind, the intricate road wheels are assembled as one piece, while the tracks are made of DS. The three turrets are precisely constructed. This was one monster of a tank, and now modelers can depict it in 1/72 scale whilst in action in Norway!
|About us | Dealer Locator | Career Opportunities||©Dragon Models USA, INC.|